Friday, January 24, 2014

HFE Teachers

Tell how you use technology or a story about your first experiences using technology.

We were the first family in Wisconsin to get a personal computer: the Apple II E.  Of course, all I did was play Break Out and Sabotage while I listened to cassette tapes on my cassette player.  Now I play Hearts and Logo Quiz on my tablet while I play music from my Amazon Cloud Player. Ms. Grothe

I remember when I was in elementary school our Apple computers were one unit. The screen was attached to the keyboard. The only color you saw was green and the keyboard was incredibly loud! Oh and we played Number Munchers all the time!  Ms. Mulcahy

I remember typing on a typewriter when I was in middle-school.  My teacher assigned the class a 10 page paper that had to be typed, double-spaced, and free of errors.  I was so mad when I ran out of ribbon and had to run to the store to get one that fit my device.  I hated the sound that the backspace button made.  I was annoyed when the words on my page turned out to be crooked.  I thank the person who came up with Microsoft Word.  I don't have to worry about making mistakes or making sure that my page is aligned properly.  Writing papers for school has become as simple as writing an email.  Word processing software has changed my life!  Ms. Bob-Manuel


 I can remember when I was in elementary school and the first form of technology was the slide rule.  Now, I rely on a computer to help me with everything.  Ms. Locke